All forums > General Chat > Any Obama Fans out there?
page 1 of 172

Any Obama Fans out there?

Textual Ribbons

retired user

Aside from Mr. Grassroots, I mean. I'm honestly curious because every time Mr. Grassroots puts up a thread to promote one of his Obama-pandering articles a bunch of anti-Obama authonomites rise up to debate (myself included, occasionally). RobRow's been making a lot of anti-Romney posts, but I don't think he's an Obama fan either. I'm just seriously bewildered because I hardly ever meet a person who is pro-Obama these days anymore. And yet there seems to be a strong underlying idea that the race between him and Romney will be close. What gives?

And is there seriously even a difference between Romney and Obama, anyway? Other than the fact that Romney likes to ride dancing horses or whatever, I mean.

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:22:32

report abuse

NerdGirl61023

first registered 22.07.11

last online 449 days ago

I generally don't post politcal stuff, but I will consider this my one political post for the year.

I think there is no difference between the two. Ultimately the winner will be the one who is more photogenic. I know you like Ron Paul, but I'm a huge fan of him either. However, he was at least he was different and voting different sends a message. Voting Romney sends the message, "I'll take the guy more likely to win."

So I believe that we are all in charge of our destiny. That is why I like working with kids in my small community and showing them how to do math and science and how to use their brains to solve problems not computers. I think we are headed for some dark times, but I'm not a pessamist at all. I think we will pull out of it if we teach our kids to think and work for themselves instead of suckling at the teat of the government.

Okay, that is my one political statement for the year. Open-mouthed

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:28:48

report abuse

Textual Ribbons

retired user

I generally don't post politcal stuff, but I will consider this my one political post for the year.

I think there is no difference between the two. Ultimately the winner will be the one who is more photogenic. I know you like Ron Paul, but I'm a huge fan of him either. However, he was at least he was different and voting different sends a message. Voting Romney sends the message, "I'll take the guy more likely to win."

So I believe that we are all in charge of our destiny. That is why I like working with kids in my small community and showing them how to do math and science and how to use their brains to solve problems not computers. I think we are headed for some dark times, but I'm not a pessamist at all. I think we will pull out of it if we teach our kids to think and work for themselves instead of suckling at the teat of the government.

Okay, that is my one political statement for the year. Open-mouthed <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Dammit. I guess we're having Romney then. I don't know that Paul is even going to run. He didn't get the GOP nomination and Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Candidate. I think I will probably end up voting for Johnson even though I'd prefer Paul because Paul doesn't seem to have a party to run with and I don't know what he will do. I guess I should look into it.

Thanks for your input. Smile

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:36:16

report abuse

RobRow

first registered 11.12.08

last online 5 hours ago

Aside from Mr. Grassroots, I mean. I'm honestly curious because every time Mr. Grassroots puts up a thread to promote one of his Obama-pandering articles a bunch of anti-Obama authonomites rise up to debate (myself included, occasionally). RobRow's been making a lot of anti-Romney posts, but I don't think he's an Obama fan either. I'm just seriously bewildered because I hardly ever meet a person who is pro-Obama these days anymore. And yet there seems to be a strong underlying idea that the race between him and Romney will be close. What gives?

And is there seriously even a difference between Romney and Obama, anyway? Other than the fact that Romney likes to ride dancing horses or whatever, I mean. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

As usual in American politics our choice for president has come down to the lesser of two evils. I voted for Obama the first time, and I will vote for him again even though I've been pretty unhappy with him and his administration. I am not a Democrat, and I am CERTAINLY not a Republican. I am a registered Independent. As you know, Jasmine, when you don't specify a party upon registering to vote in New Mexico you are classified as DNS = Did Not Specify (aka Independent).

I could never vote for a man like Romney. Aside from his Swiss bank account and all the so-called "blind" trusts in which he has placed his fortune, he is a man who actually strapped a dog carrier to the roof of his car and drove his dog, Seamus, all the way to Canada in it. (Not an urban myth!) Not to mention his entire hardcore capitalism philosophy rubs every fiber of my lower-class former self the wrong way.

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:38:58

report abuse

NerdGirl61023

first registered 22.07.11

last online 449 days ago

Dammit. I guess we're having Romney then. I don't know that Paul is even going to run. He didn't get the GOP nomination and Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Candidate. I think I will probably end up voting for Johnson even though I'd prefer Paul because Paul doesn't seem to have a party to run with and I don't know what he will do. I guess I should look into it.

Thanks for your input. Smile <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Not that this is scientific at all, but I always found it curious that here in Indiana for every 1 Romney sign you see maybe 20 Ron Paul signs. As a matter of fact I think I've seen maybe 2 Romney signs. So why is it that Paul gets dismissed. What do I know?

Anyway, I feel like politicians make no difference in my life except to make it harder for me to buy beer and cigarettes and pop. They make a huge difference in my work (DoD) and it is amazing the differences now that I've worked under 3 different presidents. I think we as Americans spend a lot of time fussing about what politicians do instead figuring out how to do it ourselves.

Okay this is way too much politcs for this nerdy girl.

Open-mouthed

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:45:37

report abuse

moonmanmad

retired user

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, and I haven't been a big fan of his since then, but to be honest I'll probably vote for him this time around, simply because I can't stomach the idea of Romney as our president, and I can't take Ron Paul seriously enough to give him something as serious as my vote. Obama as the lesser of two evils, I guess. But as to the question of whether there is a difference between Obama and Romney, I think there is, but I also think that the difference doesn't matter when you consider that they're both owned and operated by the corporations.

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:46:18

report abuse

Textual Ribbons

retired user

As usual in American politics our choice for president has come down to the lesser of two evils. I voted for Obama the first time, and I will vote for him again even though I've been pretty unhappy with him and his administration. I am not a Democrat, and I am CERTAINLY not a Republican. I am a registered Independent. As you know, Jasmine, when you don't specify a party upon registering to vote in New Mexico you are classified as DNS = Did Not Specify (aka Independent).

I could never vote for a man like Romney. Aside from his Swiss bank account and all the so-called "blind" trusts in which he has placed his fortune, he is a man who actually strapped a dog carrier to the roof of his car and drove his dog, Seamus, all the way to Canada in it. (Not an urban myth!) Not to mention his entire hardcore capitalism philosophy rubs every fiber of my lower-class former self the wrong way. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Huh. Interesting. I don't know that I would vote for Obama even if my only two choices were between him and Romney. Even if they are the same, I think voting for Romney would send a clear message at the very least that we aren't happy with what Obama has done rather than keeping him in office.

Have you not considered Gary Johnson? He's a former New Mexico Governor and I'm fairly impressed with his record. I'm registered as a Republican because I voted for Suzanna Martinez a few years ago. I'm not sure if I'll have to change it to vote for Johnson.

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:51:27

report abuse

Textual Ribbons

retired user

Not that this is scientific at all, but I always found it curious that here in Indiana for every 1 Romney sign you see maybe 20 Ron Paul signs. As a matter of fact I think I've seen maybe 2 Romney signs. So why is it that Paul gets dismissed. What do I know?

Anyway, I feel like politicians make no difference in my life except to make it harder for me to buy beer and cigarettes and pop. They make a huge difference in my work (DoD) and it is amazing the differences now that I've worked under 3 different presidents. I think we as Americans spend a lot of time fussing about what politicians do instead figuring out how to do it ourselves.

Okay this is way too much politcs for this nerdy girl.

Open-mouthed <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

I think it depends. You live in a very rural area. In the city in Albuquerque I haven't seen a single sign for Ron Paul. But when I was driving to Arizona, out on the interstate 40 (in both states I think but particularly in AZ) I saw plenty of signs for him. So maybe for some reason he's sticking all his signs on interstates and highways to attract truckers and road trippers. I dunno. Open-mouthed Open-mouthed Open-mouthed

Posted: 04/07/2012 04:57:51

report abuse

Textual Ribbons

retired user

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, and I haven't been a big fan of his since then, but to be honest I'll probably vote for him this time around, simply because I can't stomach the idea of Romney as our president, and I can't take Ron Paul seriously enough to give him something as serious as my vote. Obama as the lesser of two evils, I guess. But as to the question of whether there is a difference between Obama and Romney, I think there is, but I also think that the difference doesn't matter when you consider that they're both owned and operated by the corporations. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

I won't ask why you can't take Ron Paul seriously because this isn't really about him.

Romney and Obama are both backed by the same corporations, as you say. Why is Obama the lesser of two evils. That's what I really want to know. I'd vote for whoever will get Obama out of the White House as long as they aren't going to do more damage than he is. If that means voting for Romney I'd consider it even if intellectually I would rather give my vote to Johnson. So why is Obama better?

And ask I asked Rob earlier, have you considered Johnson?

Posted: 04/07/2012 05:00:18

report abuse

Ruby_Sparkles

first registered 01.01.11

last online 398 days ago

In the last election I lived in the UK but moved over to the states a year ago. Personally I am pro Obama. His political stance resonates with my own beliefs and I believe he has done far more good than Bush did in two terms of office...

*ducks before I get egged!*

Posted: 04/07/2012 05:20:48

report abuse

To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login

page 1 of 172