All forums > On Publishing > FREE Book Covers and what I do
page 1 of 4

FREE Book Covers and what I do

Bradley Wind

first registered 01.04.09

last online 17 hours ago

So the what I do part:

I am a writer/artist.
Feel free to give this a read/comment: http://authonomy.com/ViewBook.aspx?bookid=7960">A Calculated Embellishment = why I'm here - to get others insights/support - and to climb to the top of the pile for a HC pro crit - and Hopefully one day be published.

I also am a Dir of IT for a living...during breaks I've been offering free covers.
Examples: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bwind3/

See list of covers done for friends on Auth here:
http://redirect.authonomy.com/Forum/Posts.aspx?threadId=24987

****I DO IT FOR FREE. Nothing required in return. Some people outside of Authonomy have contacted me and I've helped them out as well...although I'm not looking to do that very much AT ALL.

I think its important to help out this community and I felt this was the way I could best contribute since my crit skills aren't high caliber.

I will NEVER come asking for payment for the covers. You as a receiver of this gift can use the cover here (mainly why I'm doing them! Please remember this!) and also should you go the POD route with something like Createspace or Lulu, etc.(Alternate formatting/resizing for those would/will probably be required. - I am willing within reason.)

Please DO NOT come back to me later if you decide to read/comment on my book as a kind (but not required) gesture after I do a cover for you and tell me that you've read/commented on my book and I still have not done so for you. PLEASE! You'll look like a PIGGY who didn't appreciate the work I did for your cover.

What I need to make a cover for you:
I need you to do a little leg work for me.
Send me an email bwind3@gmail dot com
in the email send any and all info that you think
you want for your cover. Send colors you'd like, images you have in mind.
If you don't have any ideas, send me info on what you think the main Image from your story is.
What scene is the most prominent, what is an Icon image or images that would make sense.
If you have pictures you want me to incorporate, attach and send them along or include a link
to a site. You could also include a link to a site that has other book covers you like and want one similar.
Amazon is a great place to go and look at books like yours to get ideas!

Oh and title/full author name(or how you'd like it) please.
-=Bradley

Posted: 12/08/2009 13:34:55
Last Edit: 13/08/2009 12:57:59 by Bradley Wind

report abuse

Keefieboy

first registered 04.09.08

last online 896 days ago

You are a superstar, Bradley. I'm a designer, so graphics is a no-brainer to me, but I can understand how brilliant this is for people who don't know the pointy end of a computer from the back end. Well done you!

Posted: 19/08/2009 20:04:17

report abuse

Bradley Wind

last online 17 hours ago

Hey thanks Keef, very kind of you to comment so. Just happy I could find a way to contribute to this community that I very much enjoy.

Posted: 20/08/2009 13:18:05

report abuse

InternetG33k

first registered 30.11.08

last online 434 days ago

*bump* for Bradley awesomeness!

Posted: 25/08/2009 02:43:08

report abuse

Bradley Wind

last online 17 hours ago

*bump* for Bradley awesomeness! <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Thanks Traci

Posted: 25/08/2009 13:07:55

report abuse

ar_cummings

retired user

Bradley is brilliant; use him.

Posted: 25/08/2009 19:16:26

report abuse

Bradley Wind

last online 17 hours ago

thanks AR...hope all is well with you.

Posted: 25/08/2009 20:09:59

report abuse

Pierre Van Rooyen

first registered 21.09.08

last online 757 days ago

Nice work, Bradley. The way to go, because you'll get visibility. Have a ball. Pierre.

Posted: 27/08/2009 06:40:21

report abuse

Bradley Wind

last online 17 hours ago

Nice work, Bradley. The way to go, because you'll get visibility. Have a ball. Pierre. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Thanks Pierre... I suppose it is a nice perk, not my main focus in doing them I have to say.

Posted: 27/08/2009 13:42:44

report abuse

Bradley Wind

last online 17 hours ago

Thanks so much Jo.
I don't mean to be rude and correct you but I prefer Prevail Breezer to nappy.

Posted: 27/08/2009 18:44:43

report abuse

To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login

page 1 of 4