All forums > Children's > Mirror Publishing Group
page 1 of 1

Mirror Publishing Group

maracalone1

first registered 30.11.09

last online 371 days ago

Has anyone ever heard of Mirror Publishing Group based out of Wisconsin?

Posted: 24/12/2009 04:43:55
Last Edit: 29/12/2009 20:06:18 by maracalone1

report abuse

maracalone1

last online 371 days ago

No one? They asked for a full manuscript but now I am worried since no one has replied to this thread!

Posted: 24/12/2009 05:53:03

report abuse

Markal

retired user

Has anyone ever heard of Mirror Publishing Group based out of Wisconsin? <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Try this link ... http://www.pagesofwonder.com
They seem genuine enough.

Mark.

Posted: 24/12/2009 06:12:51

report abuse

Michael Stone

first registered 28.06.09

last online 1543 days ago

Check out the Preditors and Editors website for listings of agents and publishers both recommended and exposed as frauds.

You also might try Writer Beware. You can even email Victoria Strauss, a court recognized expert on fraudulent agencies and publishers, and ask her. She's very willing to help new writers with this kind of question.

You can also google the company for background. Also, it shouldn't be a problem if you ask the agent or publisher for some names of other writers they represent, or a list of books they have published. If they start resisting such inquiries, or pressuring you in any way, that's a bad sign. Professionals know these are legitimate questions and will usually cooperate. Just be polite, not interrogative.

I've never heard of them, but as exciting as it may feel, you should be wary of anyone making offers to new writers. There are thousands of scam artists out there looking to take advantage of those just starting out because they assume we don't know and are gullible enough to jump in without checking first. Unfortunately, they're right. Many will pay thousands in "editing fees" and other upfront costs to get their book published. Unfortunately it never gets that far.

They may very well be legitimate, but that doesn't mean they're not a scam operation also. Check with Writer Beware, and keep asking around. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Be very careful. And remember the golden rule. The money flows to the author, not from the author.

Posted: 24/12/2009 06:14:50
Last Edit: 24/12/2009 06:17:59 by Michael Stone

report abuse

maracalone1

last online 371 days ago

Check out the Preditors and Editors website for listings of agents and publishers both recommended and exposed as frauds.

You also might try Writer Beware. You can even email Victoria Strauss, a court recognized expert on fraudulent agencies and publishers, and ask her. She's very willing to help new writers with this kind of question.

You can also google the company for background. Also, it shouldn't be a problem if you ask the agent or publisher for some names of other writers they represent, or a list of books they have published. If they start resisting such inquiries, or pressuring you in any way, that's a bad sign. Professionals know these are legitimate questions and will usually cooperate. Just be polite, not interrogative.

I've never heard of them, but as exciting as it may feel, you should be wary of anyone making offers to new writers. There are thousands of scam artists out there looking to take advantage of those just starting out because they assume we don't know and are gullible enough to jump in without checking first. Unfortunately, they're right. Many will pay thousands in "editing fees" and other upfront costs to get their book published. Unfortunately it never gets that far.

Be very careful. And remember the golden rule. The money flows to the author, not from the author. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

They sent me the link to Writers Beware to check them out. They seem genuine and are a part of BBB and have no negative comments to date. It will no doubt amount to nothing, so I am not getting my hopes up. Authors are listed on website and have books on B and N and Amazon. Like I said, they probably will not like it anyway, but they are accredited and that is cool. Even if nothing happens, it is neat-o to have them look at my manuscript. I hold no hopes though!

Posted: 24/12/2009 06:20:38

report abuse

Michael Stone

They sent me the link to Writers Beware to check them out. They seem genuine and are a part of BBB and have no negative comments to date. It will no doubt amount to nothing, so I am not getting my hopes up. Authors are listed on website and have books on B and N and Amazon. Like I said, they probably will not like it anyway, but they are accredited and that is cool. Even if nothing happens, it is neat-o to have them look at my manuscript. I hold no hopes though! <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

I didn't see their name listed in P&E. What did Writer Beware say about them?

Posted: 24/12/2009 06:23:40

report abuse

Michael Stone

I hope it works out for you. Good luck!

Posted: 24/12/2009 06:33:53

report abuse

maracalone1

last online 371 days ago

I didn't see their name listed in P&E. What did Writer Beware say about them? <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Whole lotta nothing! But I didn't get a chance to really look either!

Posted: 25/12/2009 18:36:18

report abuse

Michael Stone

Whole lotta nothing! But I didn't get a chance to really look either! <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Email Victoria Strauss.

Posted: 25/12/2009 19:21:10

report abuse

SHRous

first registered 29.04.09

last online 341 days ago

None of their books are listed on one of my primary sites for ordering books for my library. This doesn't mean anything except a lot of school libraries will not have any of their books in their collections.

Posted: 31/12/2009 16:54:23

report abuse

To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login

page 1 of 1