All forums > Act on Climate Change > Y2K and other nonsense like global warming
page 8 of 8

Y2K and other nonsense like global warming

roger239

first registered 06.04.09

last online 124 days ago

Oh come on, AIM Is hardly an unbiased source. Its conservative agenda is well known and unhidden.

The whole tone of the article is a giveaway. True scientific discussions don't crow and call fro opposers to be thrown in jail.
<nolink>close quotes</nolink>

actually they do.

Posted: 03/01/2010 17:32:10

report abuse

Morven

first registered 09.02.09

last online 95 days ago

Oil.....that is interesting. If I recall sometime in the 1970s we were running out of oil. Now we have enough oil to last at least another hundred years.

In other words, there is no such thing as "scarcity of resources". It is how you use the resource, not how much we have, <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

And at what cost to the enviroment? How will all this oil be extracted without destruction of habitat and pollution of land and water? Where will it be found? In the last pristine region of the planet...Antartica, already coveted by oil hungry super powers. Or under the ravaged and threatened rainforests? There is too high a price for our continued dependence on outdated technology dependent on fossil fuel.

Posted: 03/01/2010 17:38:33

report abuse

roger239

first registered 06.04.09

last online 124 days ago

Dr. Lindzen explained before the Environment Committee. He said, “I personally witnessed coauthors forced to assert their ʻgreenʼ credentials in defense of their statements. In short, some parts of the IPCC process resembled a Soviet-style trial, in which the facts are predetermined, and ideological purity trumps technical and scientific rigor."

Posted: 03/01/2010 19:11:21

report abuse

ALPACAJUNCTION

first registered 12.09.09

last online 317 days ago

And at what cost to the enviroment? How will all this oil be extracted without destruction of habitat and pollution of land and water? Where will it be found? In the last pristine region of the planet...Antartica, already coveted by oil hungry super powers. Or under the ravaged and threatened rainforests? There is too high a price for our continued dependence on outdated technology dependent on fossil fuel. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

Morven, actually the reason we have more oil today is because of the technology which permits extension of resources by lowering the amount of damage done and by more efficient use of the resources in question. The more technology increases in knowledge the less dependent we become on the resource, the less damage we do to the environment. So, everyday technology makes progress with new methods of extraction and use and everyday our knowledge base increases the resources we once believed to have been scarce come off the endanged list.

I recall a joke once about a farmer standing next to his fence looking out over forty acres of beautiful pasture, woods, pond and streams that he had worked very hard to establish over several back breaking years of hard labor when a priest pulled up in his car and got out to stretch his legs and to speak with the farmer. the priest looked out over the pastures and said, "God has truly blessed you with a beautiful farm."

The farmer looked over at the priest and said, "Yeah, well you should have seen it when it was all his."

Posted: 03/01/2010 21:22:23

report abuse

ALPACAJUNCTION

first registered 12.09.09

last online 317 days ago

Would that be the same Dr. Lindzen who maintains that lung cancer has only been weakly linked to smoking? He's known for being a trouble-maker. Not the most reliable source. Still, you do have a point. The entire issue has gotten out of hand on all sides. It's getting to the point that one doesn't know who to listen to any more. And that's a pity.
But not AIM, Alpaca. They are nasty and have an ultra-right wing agenda.
<nolink>close quotes</nolink>

And what of the left. Are you saying those on the left don't have an ulterior motive? But, I'm curious about something. We've had all sorts of right wing agendas for the past sixteen years ever since Bill Clinton had an aid on her knees, not to mention the cigar affair, and it is always that the "vast right wing agenda" is out there wreaking havoc on the poor helpless liberals.

Personally whenever anyone brings up that argument I really wonder what makes them tick. And it is not that I am totally enamored on the conservatives, even though I am one thank you very much, but I believe between the two sides the liberals are far, far more corrupt than the conservatives ever have been or ever will be.

So, when you come up with the argument offered I have to just shake my head in amazement.

But, you know something. Here's the bottom line. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think. In ten years or less the swing will be back to the otherside and we will all be freezing to death as the greatest ice age ever rolls in on us and Al Gore will be out selling heaters and advising everyone to burn coal from his coal mines because that will increase CO2 and we will all be safe.....in other words, it is all a bunch of shit.

I have a book to write.

Posted: 03/01/2010 22:59:14

report abuse

Lionel

first registered 21.03.09

last online 51 days ago

And what of the left. Are you saying those on the left don't have an ulterior motive? But, I'm curious about something. We've had all sorts of right wing agendas for the past sixteen years ever since Bill Clinton had an aid on her knees, not to mention the cigar affair, and it is always that the "vast right wing agenda" is out there wreaking havoc on the poor helpless liberals.

Personally whenever anyone brings up that argument I really wonder what makes them tick. And it is not that I am totally enamored on the conservatives, even though I am one thank you very much, but I believe between the two sides the liberals are far, far more corrupt than the conservatives ever have been or ever will be.

So, when you come up with the argument offered I have to just shake my head in amazement.

But, you know something. Here's the bottom line. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think. In ten years or less the swing will be back to the otherside and we will all be freezing to death as the greatest ice age ever rolls in on us and Al Gore will be out selling heaters and advising everyone to burn coal from his coal mines because that will increase CO2 and we will all be safe.....in other words, it is all a bunch of shit.

I have a book to write. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

I second that- carbon dioxide is a natural gas we ourselves breath out this gas and the more energy we produce while exercising the more carbon dioxide we emit. Without it there would be no plant on this planet as it is needed for the process of photosynthesis.

It's all a "green wash" and used as excuse to tax fuel heavily and used as a powerful marketing tool to enable the rich to get richer.

Posted: 12/01/2010 21:55:09

report abuse

tennison

first registered 03.08.09

last online 474 days ago

You've just got to believe what the scientific community are saying....... look @ the swine flu predictions......64,000 people must be dead somewhere.......

Posted: 13/01/2010 17:02:24

report abuse

tennison

first registered 03.08.09

last online 474 days ago

In 1977 when Elvis died, there were 70,000 people making a living by doing Elvis impersonations....... now there are 400,000 world wide.........(these figs are true by the way)

my pc tells me that these figs prove beyond a doubt in 30 years time half the world's population will be making a living as Elvis..........

if you don't believe me...... you must be a nazi......

PS I go everywhere on a bike.......

Posted: 13/01/2010 17:11:21
Last Edit: 13/01/2010 17:13:11 by tennison

report abuse

To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login

page 8 of 8