The authonomy forum guidelines have been put in place to ensure that the forum is a welcoming and valuable resource for all authonomists.
The following useful tips will give you an understanding of what we consider to be good forum etiquette.
• Please give your threads descriptive titles.
• Create threads on the most appropriate message board according to the subject matter e.g. ‘On Publishing’, ‘General Chat’ etc.
• Do not try to hijack a thread by going off-topic. If you want to start a new conversation, simply start a new thread. Similarly, do not post the same comment in multiple threads.
• Use only the dedicated message boards ‘Shameless Plugs’ and ‘Recommended Manuscripts’ to promote your own or someone else’s book.
• Do not use all capital letters; this is the online equivalent of shouting and can be seen as aggressive. Similarly, use emoticons to clarify your meaning when the tone of a comment could be misconstrued.
The following rules outline what is deemed unacceptable behaviour and it is important that you read them carefully.
No content which:
• is offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
• harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
• solicits personal information;
• provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, postal codes or email addresses;
• furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
• contains obscene, lewd, violent, harassing or sexually explicit subject matter.
No activity which includes:
• criminal activity, including fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
• advertising to, or solicitation of, any member to buy or sell any products or services through the site or using the site for any unauthorised commercial purpose. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the site in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent
• attempting to impersonate another member or person
• using any information obtained from the site in order to harass, abuse or harm another person.
If you feel that someone is breaching these terms, please do not hesitate to tell our moderators using the ‘Report Abuse’ links. Unfortunately, due to the large number of emails we receive, we will not be able to enter into a dialogue with you regarding deleted comments or threads. As such, our decision on removing unacceptable content is final.
These guidelines may be modified and updated from time to time and such modification shall take effect once they are published on the website. If you do not agree with the guidelines or any changes to them then you should not use the forums. If you use the forum after the guidelines have been modified and posted on the website you will be deemed to have accepted them. It is therefore important that you review these guidelines regularly to ensure you are familiar with them and are updated as to any changes.
For full Terms and Conditions regarding the forum and the site in general, please click here.
Posted: 26/07/2010 16:17:20