2 days ago
PLEASE NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.
THE CONVERSATION CONTINUES HERE:
Please do not post any further material on this thread.
The Alliance of Worldbuilders is a forum for fantasy writers to give each other constructive commentary to help build up and polish those imaginary worlds.
I will give comments to all those that join, although it may take a little time (cursed real world and its demands). All I ask is that all those that join do the same for each other too as I am sure there are much better commentators out there than me. Please post the comments here as well as on the books' pages: we can all learn from somebody else's comments on somebody else's book.
There is a Facebook page for the Alliance: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Alliance-of-Worldbuilders/178328745520428
There is also a web page for the Alliance: http://theallianceofworldbuilders.weebly.com/index.html
My own stuff can be found here:
1. Darkened Voices
2. The Ratter’s Tale
Essentially, I just want to figure out which one to finish.
The following list is just my reading list, i.e. everyone I’ve rashly promised a read to. It’s not a syllabus or anything, so take a look at whatever you fancy and do please offer up your crits for general consumption.
I have commented on:
1. Stephen Winterflood - The Last Mask
2. V Crowe - Daimon I now have the paperback of this super book.
3. Jenny Barber - Taurus
4. Laurie A Will - Magistrum's Lair
5. S E Raeburn - Saffire Drake and the Three Keys This one’s an ED’s desk winner by the way.
6. Simon Verde - A Guiding Light
7. Rik Roots - Spin Trap
8. Ray Jones - The Chosen No longer on Authonomy?
9. Sam Dogra - The Binding (Please note the change of book!)
10. Kate Jack - The Land of Midnight Days
11. Tom Greenwood - The Light That Never Went Out
12. K A Smith - Blood Sisters
13. Michael Pileggi - Eternium
14. Kay Kauffman - The Lokana Chronicles
15. Ted Cross - The Shard of Kathkalan No longer on Authonomy?
16. Andrew Bartzis - The Gremlin Armageddon Clock No longer on Authonomy?
17. Don Martinez - Dinetah Dragon
18. Debbie Kirts - Dragonslayers (Book 1)
19. Sophie E Tallis - White Mountain, Volume One Of The Darkling Chronicles
20. Richard J Dean Jr - Rebirth – Book 1 of The Phoenix Sorcerer
21. D A Darlington - The Coven
22. Julia Simion - Children of Light
Books sadly withdrawn from Authonomy before I could get to them: Craig Ellis – The Sun and the Saber; DDD Bryenton – Elysium Burning; LL Su – Wonderflies; clara_w – Jade’s Hurricane; B L Milner - The Endless Awakening; Edward Larel - Arawn’s Quest; Mark R Faulkner - The Long Path; Lucy Leid - The Second Prince of Aelwin; Ren Nowaki - Chasing Shadows; Geoff Thorne - Winter of the Wild Hunt; Tricia Drammeh - The First Protector; Monica Torres - Spark (Bk. One of The Iridescence Trilogy); Emily Slusher – Ova; A G R Moore - The Unseen Chronicles of Amelia Black; Ian J Smethurst - E.D.F Chronicles book 2 – E.D.F Resurgent; Kenneth Hill - Into the Dark; Jane Warren – Glimmers / Download; Nicolas Kotar - Raven Son; M M Mancey - The Cripple and the Staff.
Still to read:
1. Elizabeth Smith - Benjamin's Gift
2. Kelsey Mitsdarffer - Faeyte
3. S Smith - I Had To Fall
4. Nick Poole - The Shattered Mirror
5. A F E Smith - Dawn Rising
6. L L Rook - Gwenhyfar
7. A P Shinners - Craven Isle
8. Stephen Johnson - The Lost Cactus
9. Carl E Wilde - Arcane
10. Colin Smith (I think!) - Prince of Wands: Volume One of This Iron Race
11. Sean M Bazaar - The Fallen Book1: Dark Genesis
12. Ryan Holmes - Age of Resurgence
13. Kristofer Ryan Murray - God of the Slaves Bringer of War
14. Conor Souness - The Hydromancer
15. Mike Kavanagh - Born of the Flame
16. Will Macmillan Jones - Snort and Wobbles Note the change of book!
17. J Nathan - The Second Shadow
18. S C Thompson - Viene la Tormenta
19. Bradley Wind - Bulb
20. Mark Hagen - The Wanderer
21. Sandie Newman - The Crown of Crysaldor
22. W S Sosebee - Haktaw Heart
23. J Lawrence - Verado – the Workers
24. Leah Cowden - The Glass Wing
25. Greg Lionwhyte - The Aria of An Archon’s Rise Note the change of book!
26. Spot saved forJeremy Rodden’s next project.
27. Damien Dax - Song of Sorrows: Melody of Darkness
28. Kira Morgana - The Angel’s Crown (The Secret of Arking Down: Book One)
29. (spot saved for Lisa L Wiedmeier’s next project)
30. (spot saved for G Normerton when his next project is up)
31. Dani Tetley - The Chestnut Unicorn (and the Quest for Planet Tara)
32. K.D. Vassall - The Spinners Wheel
33. Katherine Edwards - Strata
34. Lindsey J Parsons - Vortex
35. Gilbert Martin II - The Ten Scrolls – The Journey of Trust
36. R X Yaxley - Fools of a Broken Land
37. Peter T Allen - Mother Knows Best
38. Joe Pace - History
39. Steven J Pemberton - A Wizard’s Daughter
40. David Kitson - Turing Evolved
41. E R McKeon - Down the Wooded Path Note the change of book!
42. Stuart Meczes - The Awakening This is an ED’s desk winner by the way.
43. Paul T Hughes - Telekinesis
44. Katherine Salavarria - The Antitype
45. J B Wilson - The Brotherhood of the Sword: The Call of the One
46. Zee Rose - Skinbane
47. Richard A Wentworth - Aracelis
48. Duane Simolke - Worried: A Science Fiction Adventure
49. Annastacia Simon - Innocent
50. Amy Craig Beasley - The Women Who Fly Kites
51. Paul Freeman - Tribesman
52. J T Bennett - Four Corners
53. Bob Pickup - Troubled Minds Saga: Grace
54. K M E Knight - These Dark Waters and Dusty Attics
55. Cora Bennet - Beasts and Maidens
56. Rose Wall - Leah – Book 1 of the World’s Apart Series
57. Luciana House - Burning Angel
58. Cassadie Rose Drake - The Takeover
59. Missy Fleming - Happily Never After
60. Pam Balsdon - The King’s Blessing
61. Hazel Butler - Chasing Azrael
62. Ryan White - The Return to Avalon
63. Matthew Mallicoat - Alannian and the Sword of Azallyan
64. Brian Newsome - Cynebold and The Son of The Prophecy
65. J C Rutledge - To Slay a Dragon
66. Jack Cerro - The Nymph’s Heart
67. S S Prince - Ymaed Eras
68. Bek Mars - Dark Star
69 . Akemitsu K Honda - Valkyrja Order
70 . Michel Prince - Chrysalis
71 . Jay Amelia - Cast In The Shadows
72. Mike Brooks - Blood Sports
73. Ana Ailemac - Amulet of I’nea
74. Meaghan Baker - Far from Normal, More than Special
75. Mary Enck - A King in Time
76. Luke Johnson - The Grim Company
77. R J Blain - Betrayer’s Truth
78. J N Khoury - The Heiress of Rhiangar
79. Areeq Chowdhury - Cyber
80. Lexx Greshock - Winged
81. Gretchen Steen - Dragon Spawn
82. Mae Tindell - Ignited – A Golden Twins Novel
83. Sean Dougherty - Tanner Spirit – Dawn of Darkness
84. Brittney Herndon - Heart of Stone – Book One
85. Lela Markham - The Willow Branch
86. Olivia Archer - Mythical Creature Crusader
87. P M Daley - Birth of the Warrior
88. Barnard Cullen - A Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing
89. Kevin Sabovitch - When Dragons Stoke Fires
90. Sarah Macklin - Darkening Horizon
91. Samuel Z Jones - Akurite Empire
92. Jasmine Qureshi - Redemption
93. Peggy Saunders - The Untold Stories of the North Pole
94. JackWracker - In The Company of the Damned
95. Rebecca Tester - The War of Poisoned Wombs
96. Richard Crawford - Traitor Blade – Book One
97. M P Fry - The Gnome warriors of Seraphina – The Scourge
98. D M Sharples - The Mark Bearer’s Path: Emergence
99. Yannis Karatsioris - The Book of the Forsaken (First book of “The Game” series)
100. Marjorie F Baldwin - Conditioned Response
Come on, join in! Posted: 07/09/2010 20:49:30Last Edit: 17/05/2012 20:36:36 by TRM
9 hours ago
Remember good feedback is like gold. Posted: 07/09/2010 20:51:53
I suppose there's nothing like commitment: I will review the works of all fantasy writers who join this thread. I will provide honest and detailed feedback. Don't care about backings. And please be patient, it might take me a while but I will comment.
All I ask is that all those who join do the same for as many of the thread members as they can. The point is to help all those who band together to hone their art, not play the numbers game.
Come on then. Bring it! Posted: 07/09/2010 20:54:46
And Katrina, do stay in touch. You're just the type of person who should be here. Posted: 07/09/2010 20:55:37
And Katrina, do stay in touch. You're just the type of person who should be here. Thanks mate. Might come back one day, just haven't got the patience at the moment. Take care, good luck and hope everything goes well for you. Posted: 07/09/2010 20:59:50
And Katrina, do stay in touch. You're just the type of person who should be here.
If you all want to know what sort of comment I'm happy to leave, please see:
Libby Marshall's Guardian of the Empire: http://www.authonomy.com/books/16874/guardian-of-the-empire/
Rakhi Jah's Sir William an Urban Knight: http://www.authonomy.com/books/16239/sir-william-an-urbane-knight/
Keith C Blackmore's The Troll Hunter: http://www.authonomy.com/books/18754/the-troll-hunter/
NB Keith is also an excellent commentator - Join us (well me so far) Keith!
Shakat's Stand: http://www.authonomy.com/books/15196/stand/
NB Shakat too is a top notch commentator
Ren Nowaki's Shadows in the Dusk: http://www.authonomy.com/books/19945/shadows-in-the-dusk/
Esme Carpenter's The Summoner: http://www.authonomy.com/books/22468/the-summoner/
Both Ren and Esme have given me great comments as well, really useful pointers.
Roll up! Roll up! Posted: 07/09/2010 21:11:41
On those books and more you can see the comments of other members of Katrina's thread and the value those comments have brought.
Really, really worth while for those who want to better their craft and get themselves ready for a proper writing career.
Come one, come all. Posted: 07/09/2010 21:14:18
Sounds interesting, nothing like a good bit of world building Posted: 07/09/2010 21:14:25
No world breaking, though.
World polishing is highly desirable. Posted: 07/09/2010 21:15:29
1 day ago
Holy crap, TRM. Those aren't mere comments you leave, they're essays. Nigh on theses, by gum. Posted: 07/09/2010 21:16:29
To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login