All forums > Good News > Go MillieJ and The Lighthouse!!! :)
page 1 of 2

Go MillieJ and The Lighthouse!!! :)

DaisyFitz

first registered 14.02.11

last online 2 days ago

Authonomy have picked up 'The Lighthouse' - I'm so pleased. Well done, Jo.

http://www.authonomy.com/books/38399/the-lighthouse/

Cx

Posted: 21/06/2012 11:46:29
Last Edit: 21/06/2012 12:20:58 by DaisyFitz

report abuse

femmefranglaise

first registered 17.11.11

last online 293 days ago

Just got the e-mail. Fantastic news and a great boost for chick lit to boot.

Posted: 21/06/2012 11:51:22

report abuse

LittleDevil

first registered 15.05.08

last online 1 day ago

Yep, just seen it. Great news. Well done Millie xSmile

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:00:43

report abuse

DaisyFitz

last online 2 days ago

For those who didn't get an email (I know some don't for some reason)...

Dear Member

We are rapidly approaching the halfway mark of 2012 and what a busy year it has been! Here in London, we've already survived the treacherous rains during the Jubilee and the Olympic madness is just around the corner. With so much going on out there, it's always great to turn to the comforts of authonomy bookshelves and find so many quality manuscripts.

With this in mind, we are proud to announce the acquisition of a new manuscript that caught the eye of our Digital Project Director, Scott Pack last year. The Lighthouse, by Jodie James (aka Millie J), is a fun romantic novel involving a wedding chapel, a funeral parlour and a very dishy Irishman. Need I say more?

Actually, yes, I do need - we need your help to make Jodie's book the best it can be, which is why we're launching a July competition all about this acquisition. For details on how you can be involved, check out the news section below.

Happy reading,

The authonomy team

TITLE COMPETITION

A book's title is just as important as its cover - these are the first things you notice, whether you're shopping for an ebook or a physical book.
Jodie James' brilliant women's fiction needs a name that really does the story justice. And, we want you to help us choose it! We're inviting authonomy authors to use their creative minds and suggest a fitting title for Jodie's book.

The winning submission will win its creator a brand new bookshelf: 20 of HarperCollins' best titles from the genre of their choice. Oh, and may just see their title gracing the shelves of bookstores. Oh, and they may just see their suggestion gracing the shelves of bookstores in a few month's time.

To enter:

- Send your suggestions to yourauthonomy@harpercollins.co.uk
- All entries must be submitted before UK midnight July 13th
- The subject line needs to include the words Title Competition and your suggested title - e.g. 'Title Competiton: Little White Wedding chapel
- 'Please put your details in the body of the email.

Good luck!

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:04:58

report abuse

L_MC

first registered 23.08.11

last online 35 mins ago

I just spotted the email from HC so have sent Millie a very excited congratulations email. I'm thrilled for her and The Lighthouse - will finally get to read the rest of it now.

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:10:23

report abuse

DaisyFitz

last online 2 days ago

I just spotted the email from HC so have sent Millie a very excited congratulations email. I'm thrilled for her and The Lighthouse - will finally get to read the rest of it now. <nolink>close quotes</nolink>

And the very sexy picnic scene... Suprised

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:11:43

report abuse

Kat French

first registered 25.10.11

last online 1 day ago

Smile Thank you so much! I am beyond thrilled, it's a dream come true.

xxx

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:30:16

report abuse

Greenleaf

first registered 04.01.12

last online 65 days ago

Congratulations Millie J.

Posted: 21/06/2012 12:45:23

report abuse

La Marmonie

first registered 12.05.08

last online 79 days ago

Well I've had this book on my shelf for quite some time! So I am pleased at least, that I have an eye for a good book!

Interestingly, she only has 23 backers! Appalling or what!

Well done Jodie James!

Posted: 21/06/2012 13:01:08
Last Edit: 21/06/2012 13:04:52 by La Marmonie

report abuse

Kate M.

first registered 21.02.12

last online 121 days ago

I haven't read it on Autho, but this is great! It does happen, I guess!!

Please post when it's available, it looks great, and I'll buy it right away. Good job! Smile

Posted: 21/06/2012 13:02:36

report abuse

To leave comments on this message board please Register or Login

page 1 of 2