Humour and tragedy, youth and old age. Life happens. If you recognise yourself in here, it is no accident.
Although this collection of short stories is fictional, each of them has been drawn from real events. Among the familiar and the familial there are surprises, intriguing strangers, heroes, horrors and miracles. Each narrative invites the reader to discover themselves - in a dying child hallucinating in a hospital ward; a woman watching a demanding parent grow old ungracefully; a son unable to prevent his father from drink-driving; a traveller exchanging palm readings with the natives of a foreign city; an orphan imagining a new identity...and many more. It is the little things that make us human.
The story titles:
(1) Crocodile Smile. (2) Waiting for Bohemians.
(3) Treachery. (4) My Mate Jeff.
(5) Lady Luck meets Foreign Currency on the Day After the Revolution.
(6) Lifeways in Amazonia. (7) Top Gear.
(8) Conversations with Francis. (9) That Pokhara Feeling.
(10) The Ants' Nest. (11) Inland Sailing.